Version 1 (modified by karianne, 11 years ago)

--

PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology Minutes of Meetings, January 19th 2012

SIG Meeting held as web meeting

Attendees

Bruno Lopes, Gabriel Lopes, Johan Klüwer, Magne Valen-Sendstad, Onno Paap, Ian Glendinning, Keith Willshaw, Manoj Dharwadkar, Devesh Sachar, Hamazaki Geiza, Victor Agroskin, Hans, Robin Benjamins, Mikhail Fedorov, Hilbert Pretorius, Adrian Laud, Manfred Theissen, David Price, David Leal, Kari Anne Haaland Thorsen (MoM)

Agenda:

  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
  3. Status on the web discussion group – Onno
  4. Review of plans to validate and standardize required template patterns – Ian
    1. Existing contribution – Part 7, JORD, Part 11 – Onno/Hans
    2. Prioritising needs, planning the work
  5. ISO 15926 in native OWL 2 – Johan/Magne
    Johan and Magne will give a walkthrough of the proposed “ISO 15926 as OWL” project. The actual proposal can be found here: https://www.posccaesar.org/svn/pub/ISO15926asOWL/20110923_ISO15926_OWL2_Native_V2.pdf
  6. Templates in ReportingHub – David Leal
  7. Group membership (Only open for members of the modeling group)
  8. Next meeting
  9. A.O.B.

Minutes of Meetings

1. Approval of agenda

OK

2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
Onno added a comment wrt placeholder for templates: In addition to the JORD endpoint we also need a placeholder for templates as we work. Onno will continue the work of providing such a “working area” at 15926.org 3. Status on the web discussion group – Onno Onno gave an update on this subject. It turns out that Google do not work as a discussion area, as it does not allow pictures on the page. LinkedIn? was suggested, but this does not allow pictures either. Onno suggested to set up a discussion forum on 15926.org, and will continue this work.



Composition of the Group:
The group, as a whole, decides on who can be member of the group. In general, we should strive to involve project managers, or the like, of important ongoing project, e.g. JORD. We need to identify projects of relevance.

Way of Working:
The intention of this SIG is to support other SIGs and projects on their modeling issues. Thus, modeling work will in general be carried out in conjunction with these projects/groups. The group will in general meet once a month (web meetings). These meetings shall be used for discussions, e.g. what to focus on, who to include in the group, validate result of projects etc. (When needed, meetings can be provided more frequently).

Priority and scope:
We should look at what the industry need. There should be an advisory group that can influence on what we should focus on in our modeling issues. E.g., this SIG shall cooperate with and support the other SIG, thus our modeling focus should be on what they need. The POSC Caesar SIG Technical Advisory Board was suggested as a group to take this role.

End results:
The end result of our discussions shall be:

  • Added as core templates
  • added to the PCA SPARQL endpoint (JORD) and
  • presented to the SI4 group.

Cash flow:
The group shall in general have a zero cash flow.

Information and Documentation:
General information like agenda, MoM etc. shall be posted on the wiki for the PCA MMT SIG (https://www.posccaesar.org/wiki/SigMmt). We should have an invited-only discussion forum on a political neutral platform. Onno Paap volunteered to set up this group. We need a sandbox to hold our ongoing projects and results. Templates should be on a central server where it is available and downloadable. The PCA endpoint would be a natural “home” for the templates when they are approved, but we also need a server to hold working templates etc. Onno and Viktor volunteered to suggest a solution. Others interested in participating in this process can join the discussion on our discussion group (when established).

4. A.O.B.

N/A

Action Items

Action 01.12: Set up a google group for discussions (Onno).
Action 02.12: Decide on a good solution for a Sandbox (Onno and Viktor with the main responsibility to come up with a solution. Others can join the discussion in our google group. )
Action 03.12: Make a list of relevant/important projects and invite project leader to be member of our group (Onno and Kari Anne).

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services
Projects
Workgroups